Get to Know Mrs. Vecellio:
Hey! My name is Lane Vecellio. I am a Kindergarten and 1st grade combo teacher. This is my sixth year in the education setting. I received my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary education from UNCG. Three years later I went on to Appalachian State University to receive my Master's Degree in School Administration. I have spent my career in the elementary setting so far!
I am so excited to get to know you all and help your children grow!
- Students will attend live classes by joining the Google Meet linked in their Google Calendar. (This INCLUDES their SMALL GROUP TIME!)
- Students will be able to complete synchronous and asynchronous activities in a timely manner.
- ATTENDANCE - Students must attend at least half the Google Meet to be present for that class. They join Google Meets through their Google Calendar. Join this way instead of the Google Meet page to see your entire schedule! For example, if students join and leave after 5-10 minutes they are absent from that class. If you have a doctor's appointment and were absent, we would need a doctor's note to change your absence to an excused absence.
- TARDIES - If a student chooses to join late - we ask you to PLEASE NOT INTERRUPT - and to go back and watch the recorded lesson for any missed content.
- SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENTS - Check your share settings. All assignments submitted through Pearson must be ‘shared with Randolph County School System’ in order for your teachers to view your work.
- LANDING PAGE - Access and navigate the Pearson landing pages for each of your courses. - They include cool links and resources to assist you in your classes.
- DISCIPLINE - failure to be an appropriate virtual learner may result in the student being removed from the meet.
- WHAT TO DO WHEN TECHNOLOGY FAILS - DO NOT INTERRUPT CLASS - Have the student mute their computer or log out and either restart the computer, check the school how-to page, call the Pearson hotline, or call the school.